Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When debugging the attached project, the app silently fails on the loading of the MainPage:
MainPage = new Repro.MainPage();
Steps to Reproduce: Run project from Visual Studio 2015, set breakpoint at line mentioned above, press F11 to enter the code, nothing happens.
Expected Results: Continue debugging in the MainPage constructor.
Build Date & Hardware: 04/04/2017, running on an iPhone SE with iOS 10.3 beta. Reproducable.
Additional Builds and Platforms: Bug doesn't take place on Android.
Additional Information: I tracked it down to setting the BindingContext of the Page to the static Model. If I change the initialization of the model to the constructor, it works. On Android it works as well.
Despite the fact that this is not the best programming in the world ;), this shouldn't die silently.
Visual Studio 2015: 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Repro project is attached. If more info is required, please let me know.
It looks like the project was not attached. Could you please try again attaching it to the bug report.
Created attachment 21202 [details]
Here you go. It didn't attach the first time because it was to big but I guess I missed the error report. I removed the packages and bin/obj folders.
Does this happen if you try to run the project from Xamarin Studio or Visual Studio for Mac on a mac machine as opposed to Visual Studio in windows? I just loaded up the repro project and am unable to reproduce the bug. I'm also on a newer version of Xamarin.iOS (10.8.0.175), so if you're still seeing the issue and haven't done so already, could you upgrade to the newer iOS version and see if you still see the issue?
It happens/happened ;) on Windows because I don't work on a Mac.
When I have some time I'll check and see if the newer version resolves the issue.
Moving to the Visual Studio extension since it didn't reproduce on mac for me
I'll look into this as soon as possible.
I found a possible root cause. Still investigating.
This is fixed in the latest preview release. It was fixed as part of another issue that didn't have a Bugzilla bug (hang on the debugger with unhandled debugger exceptions).
Verified this issue on latest build of d15-4 lane
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installed Version: Enterprise
Xamarin 18.104.22.1686 (f6f2099)
Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124 (bbf378a)
Xamarin.iOS 10.14.0.0 (38d3a2b)
Screencast link - https://www.screencast.com/t/lgrptWSM