Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When my iPhone app fails to start because it didn't start quick enough, I get many repeated dialogs stating "The connection to the debugger has been lost. The target application may have exited."
This can appear anything from 4 or 5 times to too many times (20-30 plus) where I just force quit MonoDevelop rather than click close again.
I can unfortunately not reproduce this.
Are you using WiFi or USB debugging?
It also looks similar to bug #2495, can you try the steps for that bug (on device) and see if the same thing happens to you?
It doesn't happen every time, and it's related to a debugging problem I have where my app simply will not start fast enough for the iPhone and it gets killed before debugging can really start.
Not sure how I can follow instructions for the simulator on the device, but I have tried all sorts (rebooting the device etc) to get things to work. Then occasionally, I get this debugger not connected dialog, usually with another one behind it.
All I can suggest is write a massive app that takes ages to load in the device while debugging, and you might see the problems.
After trying some time I've been able to make the dialogs show up once, but never has it showed more than that.
If it happens again, can you do the following:
* Open a terminal window.
* Find the pid of the monodevelop process, attach gdb and print debugging information:
$ ps aux | grep MonoDevelop.exe
$ gdb program <PID from output from previous command>
$ (gdb) thread apply all bt
<lots of output>
$ (gdb) call mono_print_thread_dump_from_ctx (0)
<not much output at all>
Then save the terminal contents to a file, attach it here, and also attach the contents of ~/Library/Logs/MonoDevelop-3.0/MonoDevelop.log
Hopefully this will give some clue as to what's happening.
This bug has been in the NEEDINFO state with no changes for the last 90 days. Can we put this back into the NEW or CONFIRMED state, or are we still awaiting response?
If there is no change in the status of this bug over the next two weeks, this bug will be marked as NORESPONSE.
This bug has not been changed from the NEEDINFO state since my previous comment, marking as RESOLVED NORESPONSE.
Please feel free to REOPEN this bug at any time if you are still experiencing the issue. Please add the requested information and set the bug back to the NEW (or CONFIRMED) state.
I am also having this issue. What I am doing is, I am using Xamarin.Forms.Map service. Every thing is working fine, but when I am deploying it to device, it shows dialog box showing "The connection to the debugger has been lost."
My manifest file is given below:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="15" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
<uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MAPS_RECEIVE" />
<permission android:name="com.FirstApp.permission.MAPS_RECEIVE" android:protectionLevel="signature" />
<!-- Put your Google Maps V2 API Key here. -->
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" />
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_MOCK_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />