Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 20326 [details]
Encountered this issue after updated to new Xamarin iOS version
How did you update to this new Xamarin.iOS?
Can you please paste the result of this command: `ls -l /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/`?
Also can you try to re-install Xamarin.iOS (via Xamarin Studio > Update), switching channels could help re-download Xamarin.iOS.
And finally can you please give us your environment information?
Xamarin Studio > About > Show details
Thank you for the quick response.
I have tried to reinstalled Xamarin.iOS.
And here is the result of your requested command run:
$ ls -l /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/
drwxr-xr-x 12 Heng2j staff 408 Mar 10 08:49 10.4.0.128
lrwxr-xr-x 1 Heng2j staff 10 Mar 14 20:06 Current -> 10.4.0.128
And here is the env information:
Xamarin Studio Community
Version 6.2 (build 1829)
Installation UUID: f35b0599-e77b-44fd-ab21-e2af036dbaa6
Mono 4.8.0 (mono-4.8.0-branch/8f6d0f6) (64-bit)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 408000520
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/Xamarin Profiler
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 8.2.1 (11766.1)
Version: 184.108.40.2068 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Android SDK: /Users/Heng2j/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
6.0 (API level 23)
SDK Tools Version: 25.1.2
SDK Platform Tools Version: 24.0.0
SDK Build Tools Version: 23.0.2
Your original message mention
and your update shows
Your logs also show the later to be used:
Xamarin.iOS 10.4.0.128 (cycle9: ba11e48) using framework: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator10.2.sdk
which seems to indicate that this happened when upgrading from C9 to C9SR0. Can you try:
1. Re-starting Xamarin Studio in case the older path got cached by some code;
2. Clean your project and rebuild;
Thank you for your suggestion, as I restarting Xamarin and clean my project again, now it is working for both simulators and devices.
Just for the record (and googlers): this is a duplicate of bug #52381 (and mentioned in the release notes under known issues: https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/ios/xamarin.ios_10/xamarin.ios_10.4/#Known_Issues)
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 52381 ***