Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. In MonoDevelop 3.0.2 create a new PLP project (in new solution)
2. Now choose to add a new iphone UI project
3. Add a reference for the PLP project to the UI project
4. Everything looks OK - you should currently be in "Debug" configuration
5. Choose the configuration "Debug|iPhoneSimulator" - the PLP project is greyed out with message "not built in active configuration"
6. Try to build and build fails with error message "Could not find support file" for the PLP project.
Hope that description helps - I admit I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing around iPhone project configurations!
This raised from email thread:
3. I can't work out how to reference portable library projects from
MonoTouch projects - I can add the references, but as soon as I select a
configuration like "Debug|iPhoneSimulator" then the PLP is greyed out and
"not build in active configuration" appears.
What configurations does it work with? I could have sworn this worked.
Could you submit a bug for this one, too?
I'll look into this one as well.
You need to modify the solution configuration so that some project configuration of the PLP project is built in the Debug|iPhoneSimulator solution configuration.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1309 ***