Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 20247 [details]
VS 2013: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 Version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5.
VS 2015: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 Version 14.0.25420.01 Update 3.
1. Create an iOS Single View project.
2. Right click on solution > select Add > select New Project.
3. Select Apple Watch > create the project.
4. Under iOS app > right click on Prefrences > click on Add Refrences > click on WatchOS project & add the refrences.
5. Under WatchOS app > right click on Prefrences > click on Add Refrences > click on WatchOSExtension project & add the refrences.
6. Add the required certificates under Properties section of all 3 projects.
7. Set the project as Start Up of Watch OS project.
8. Now click on run button on actual device & observe.
Actual: Build is not getting deployed. Error:
visual studio 2013/Projects/MainApp/WatchOSApp1/WatchOSApp1.WatchOSExtension/obj/iPhone/Debug/Entitlements.xcent: cannot read entitlement data C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets 1699 3 WatchOSApp1.WatchOSApp
Expected: It should run successfully in WatchOS Actual Device.
Screencast link: https://www.screencast.com/t/mcxI1wph3
Note: It is working fine on actual device in XS(Mac), but not working fine in VS 2013 & VS 2015(Windows 10).
@Saurabh, I have a couple of doubts/requests:
- Why did you delete the "Custom entitlements" default value (Entitlements.plist) and leave it blank for watchOS app and extension?
- Could you attach the Mac side logs?
- Could you attach the detailed build output?
Created attachment 20379 [details]
@ Emanuel, I have tried both ways(with and without Entitlements.plist). I am getting same Issue.
Kindly refer below screencast
Please find attached document which contains
-Detailed output logs
-VS Ide logs
-Mac side logs(XS Ide of used Mac Agent)
kindly advice if anything else is required or we are missing out anything
@saurabh when answering a bug in NEEDSINFO state, please remember to change the state back to either NEW or CONFIRMED.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 53410 ***