Bug 5215 - Project Reference picked up only after IDE restart
Summary: Project Reference picked up only after IDE restart
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: C# Binding ()
Version: 2.8.1
Hardware: PC Linux
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Mike Krüger
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-05-21 15:08 UTC by Adhir Ramjiawan
Modified: 2012-05-22 02:06 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Adhir Ramjiawan 2012-05-21 15:08:00 UTC
After creating a new Library Project and a few classes and interfaces, I would reference the new project in the library project I want to use it. But when I call my reference through the "using" keyword the reference doesn't appear and neither am I able to use any classes or interfaces in the new library project even after cleaning and building each project. Only after I restart the IDE does my referencing work.
Comment 1 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2012-05-21 16:25:29 UTC
Is this reproducible with MD 3.0? Do you have the experimental/unsupported xbuild integration enabled?
Comment 2 Adhir Ramjiawan 2012-05-21 16:39:59 UTC
I haven't used MonoDevelop 3.0. The xbuild isn't enabled. However, I have installed MonoDevelop through "yum install ...." and looking at the Version info I notice the git version is tailed with "dirty". I dont know if that could be the cause of it :

MonoDevelop 2.8.1
Build information:
	Git revision: 2d2d49a29b8c7865f8be96c24ae3cb0580fa337d-dirty
	Build date: 2011-10-22 19:37:12+0000
Operating System:
	Linux f16.adhir 3.1.0-7.fc16.i686 #1 SMP Tue Nov 1 21:00:16 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
	Mono 2.10.5 (tarball Mon Sep  5 19:35:08 UTC 2011)
	GTK 2.24.7 (GTK#
Comment 3 Mike Krüger 2012-05-22 02:06:05 UTC
Works for me in master - try the 3.x line. The code for that was rewritten.