Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19604 [details]
Column header name is not being announced by the narrator
• Windows 10.
• Version 1067.
• Build 14393.607.
Visual Studio and Xamarin:
• VS 2017 RC Enterprise.
• Xamarin For VS 18.104.22.1680.
• Xamarin Profiler 22.214.171.124
• Version: 2016.4
1. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Enable .Net, Android Emulators, Mobile Development Features).
2. Launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and Log in with valid VS details.
3. Map Xamarin Account to Visual Studio (Tools -> Xamarin Account -> provide Valid Credentials).
4. Create New project (Template C# -> Cross Platform -> Xamarin template).
5. Select Debug Mode -> ARM -> Select App Name.Droid -> Select Android Emulator.
6. Build the application (Application Should Build Successfully).
7. Turn Narrator ON.
1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top status bar of ""Visual Studio 2017 RC"" >Analyze> Xamarin Profiler> , then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarin Profiler is launched.)
3. ""General"" tab button-> All Instruments-> Allocations of ""Instrument Detail area""
4. Press Caps+ left/right arrow to navigate the data item of ""all allocations"" data grid."
"The narrator is not announcing the corresponding header column of the data grid item.
Example: For ""Count"" column data item, narrator is announcing only number(ie. 11281)
NVDA announces ""Grid View Cell row 1 Count Grid view header cell column2"""
"The narrator should announce the corresponding header column of the data grid item.
Example: For ""Count"" column data item, narrator should announce the corresponding column(ie. Count) along with the number(ie. 11281)
Suggested Fix: Here name property has been allotted some value(ex. 11271), but this could be in value.value section.
In name property, we can write name of header column. "
If the corresponding column is not being announced, then screen reader user won't get it exactly.
Author: Sergiy Velychko
Commit: a8836b1887fdcf6f93daebbccc327b79a9c94782 (xamarin/profiler)