Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19582 [details]
2.The Name property is empty for data grid(ie. Available instruments)
• Windows 10.
• Version 1067.
• Build 14393.607.
Visual Studio and Xamarin:
• VS 2017 RC Enterprise.
• Xamarin For VS 126.96.36.1990.
• Xamarin Profiler 1.0.4
1. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Enable .Net, Android Emulators, Mobile Development Features).
2. Launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and Log in with valid VS details.
3. Map Xamarin Account to Visual Studio (Tools -> Xamarin Account -> provide Valid Credentials).
4. Create New project (Template C# -> Cross Platform -> Xamarin template).
5. Select Debug Mode -> ARM -> Select App Name.Droid -> Select Android Emulator.
6. Build the application (Application Should Build Successfully).
"1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top status bar of ""Visual Studio 2017 RC"" >Analyze> Xamarin Profiler> , then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarine Profiler is launched.)
3. Navigate to ""General"" Side bar (LHS).
(Use mouse to switch between General and Advanced button)
4. Press tab to navigate ""Available Instruments"" data grid.
"The Name property is Empty for ""Available instruments data grid"".
Narrator: The narrator announces as below:
""data grid, contains one column six rows"" and some incomprehensible text also"
"The Name property should not be empty for ""Available instruments data grid"".
The name property should be as ""Available instruments""
Narrator: The narrator should announces as ""data grid contains one column six rows"" only"
" The narrator announces as ""data grid, contains one column six rows"" and some incomprehensible text also.
So these incomprehensible text are very confusing for the Screen-Reader user, who completely rely on narrator announcement. "
Fixed in version 188.8.131.52 (master)
Author: Jose Miguel Torres
Commit: 0659e9037df8f08187cec5f75db548b4059773c0 (xamarin/profiler)
Created attachment 20060 [details]
The issue still persists, as highlighted in repro-attachment: The Name property is empty for data grid(ie. Available instruments)
The issue still persists, as highlighted in repro-attachment.
Verified the issue in the below profiler version: 184.108.40.206
This issues have to be tested from 1.3 on. Hence re-closing it again.
Created attachment 21798 [details]
Attached is the screeshot which shows that issue is fixed
Verified on Xamarin Profiler version 1.5.4-2. Hence marking it as Verified
Created attachment 23355 [details]
Data grid name property_after fix
Verified the issue in version 220.127.116.11
Issue got fixed. Hence closing bug.