Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19576 [details]
OS: OSX (Version: 10.11.6)
1. Install Xamarin Studio.
2. Launch Xamarin Studio.
3. Navigate to top menu bar of the Xamarin studio> File> New Solution> Press ENTER
("Choose a template for your new project" wizard is opened)
4. Navigate to App under Multiplatform> Forms app under Xamarin.Forms
5. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
('Configure your Form app' wizard is opened.)
6. Fill the App name, check all the target platform-check box, select use portable class library radio button, use XAML for user interface files.
7. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
(Configure your new project" wizard is opened)
8. Navigate to Create> Press ENTER.
(New project is created)
9. Turn VoiceOver ON using Command + F5.
"1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top menu bar of ""Xamarin Studio"" > Run> Start Profiling, then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarine Profiler is launched.)
3. Navigate to ""General"" Button (LHS).
4. Navigate to ""All instruments"" , press ENTER to start profiling.
5. Press CAPS+RIGHT/LEFT ARROW keys to navigate the any of the the following Tab items of ""Instrument Detail Area"":
2. Call tree
Same issue found with the following tab items of ""Instrument Detail Area"":
General buttons ->All instruments- > Start profiling-> RHS pane. Press Caps + left/right arrow keys to navigate any of the following tab items:
2. Stack trace
3. Paths to roots
(Note: The above issue found with all the tab items of ""Instrument Detail Area"" for this application)"
For any of the Tab items of ""Instrument Detail Area"" in this application, VoiceOver is announcing as "" Radio button"
Example: For Call tree it is announcing as "" Call tree, radio button""
For Tab items in ""Inspector View"" pane, VoiceOver is announcing as "" Radio button"".
Example: For the Stack trace tab item, the VoiceOver is announcing as "" Radio Button"""
For any of the Tab items of ""Instrument Detail Area"", VoiceOver should announce as ""Tab Item"".
Example: For Call tree tab item, VoiceOver should announce as "" Call tree, tab item""
For Tab items in ""Inspector View"" pane, VoiceOver should announce as ""Tab Item"".
Example: For the Stack trace tab item, the VoiceOver should announce as ""Stack trace, Tab Item""."
The Screen Reader user would consider it as "radio button" , although it is "tab item"
*** Bug 51893 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 51892 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Fixed in version 220.127.116.11 (master)
Author: Jose Medrano
Commit: fac13393120687b81f826407b2db81728afc681d (xamarin/profiler)
Bug is checked in
macOS Sierra v10.12.5
Xamarin Profiler v 1.5.5-6
Voiceover still announce them as Radio-buttons.
Fixed in version 18.104.22.168 (master)
Author: Jose Medrano
Commit: 7c2656d31d9bd15a2d997a36549a07e579ec6f22 (xamarin/profiler)
Created attachment 26156 [details]
Issue still exists on the provided build.
The issue still exists on the below provided build, So reactivating this bug:
Xamarin Profiler Version 1.6.1-483