Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19573 [details]
4. VoiceOver not annouuncing name for Navigation Button of Inspector View
OS: OSX (Version: 10.11.6)
1. Install Xamarin Studio.
2. Launch Xamarin Studio.
3. Navigate to top menu bar of the Xamarin studio> File> New Solution> Press ENTER
("Choose a template for your new project" wizard is opened)
4. Navigate to App under Multiplatform> Forms app under Xamarin.Forms
5. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
('Configure your Form app' wizard is opened.)
6. Fill the App name, check all the target platform-check box, select use portable class library radio button, use XAML for user interface files.
7. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
(Configure your new project" wizard is opened)
8. Navigate to Create> Press ENTER.
(New project is created)
9. Turn VoiceOver ON using Commond + F5.
"1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top menu bar of ""Xamarin Studio"" > Run> Start Profiling, then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarine Profiler is launched.)
3. "General" Button (LHS)-> All instruments-> Press Enter. (Profiling started)
4. navigate to navigation pane button of ""Inspector View"".
"The VoiceOver is not announcing the corresponding name of the buttons, its only announcing as ""button""
For example: For the navigation pane button , which is in RHS middle corner of the pane, VoiceOver is announcing as ""Button"" without any name."
The VoiceOver should announce the corresponding name of the button of "Inspector View"
The Screen Reader user won't able to understand the name of the button for "navigation pane button" of "Inspector View"
Fixed in version 22.214.171.124 (master)
Author: Jose Medrano
Commit: b86421ae535f087a8f9591469e047af9de24c6d0 (xamarin/profiler)
Created attachment 23933 [details]
Verified issue on 1.5.6-27 build, issue got fixed hence closing this bug.