Bug 51567 - XamlC: "The given key was not present in the dictionary." in some xaml files
Summary: XamlC: "The given key was not present in the dictionary." in some xaml files
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 2.3.4
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2017-01-17 09:30 UTC by Michael Rumpler
Modified: 2017-01-25 14:16 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags: AC XamlC
Is this bug a regression?: Yes
Last known good build:

Repro project (210.60 KB, application/x-zip-compressed)
2017-01-17 09:30 UTC, Michael Rumpler

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Michael Rumpler 2017-01-17 09:30:43 UTC
Created attachment 19362 [details]
Repro project

After upgrading from Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3 to I get the error:

    ...\Repro.KeyNotFound.App.xaml : error : The given key was not present in the dictionary.

In my main project I also get this error in two other xaml files.

As I don't know, what key it is missing I copied the whole app.xaml to the repro project.

I use XamlC in my solution and in the repro project. If I disable XamlC in the repro project, then it works. That project doesn't use all the styles I define in the app.xaml. My own solution crashes on start.

I tested on iOS and Android and both behave the same.
Comment 1 Stephane Delcroix 2017-01-17 15:35:02 UTC
see https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/684
Comment 2 Stephane Delcroix 2017-01-25 14:16:23 UTC
this will be fixed in 2.3.4-pre2