Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19300 [details]
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the App Name(For Ex: App2.Droid) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list 10. press Enter Key. Properties window appears
10. Select "Android options" from Left pane
11. Launch Inspect tool
12. Find "package pane" from left inspect tree
13. Select "pane" element from the tree(Refer to the screenshot "Tooltip-inspect")
"Help text" properties in inspect tool
"Name" and "Help text" properties are empty
"LocalizedControlType" is defined as pane
1. Name property should not be empty.
Name property should be defined according the relevant element's information.
2. The tooltip appears with mouse hover should be updated in "Help Text"
3. "Localizedcontroltype" should be "tooltip"
Narrator Focus is not moving to the Tool tip region(?) because it is not defined programatically.
User reliable on screen reader cannot access the tool tip information
Commit: a35622a663fb8b5f787d1ff2ee13484b02bba3c0 (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Environment (master) is not available to verify the issue
Created attachment 25026 [details]
Tooltip does not exist in the window
Tooltip does not exist in the build. UI element has been removed. Hence closing the bug.
Note: Please find the attached screenshot for more info.
[Screenshot: Tooltip does not exist in the window]