Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19250 [details]
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(For Ex: App2.iOS) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list. press Enter Key. App2.iOS Properties window appears
10. Select "Applications" tab from left pane
11. Launch inspect tool
12. Navigate to "Assembly information" button and press enter. "Assembly information" window opens
13. Navigate to "Assembly version" edit boxes.
14. Observe "Name" property for each edit box(four edit boxes)
Name property of each edit box is defined as
"Major" ,"Minor" ,"build" "Revision".
There is no indication of "Assembly version" in name property
Same issue is observe for "Full version" edit boxes also
"Assembly version" should be add as a prefix to each edit box
For Ex: "Assembly version Major"
It creates ambiguity to the users Rely on screen reader if screen reader starts reading "major" "minor"… with out reading "Assembly version" as prefix.
Created attachment 19251 [details]
This page is owned by the core Visual Studio shell team. I'm closing this bug as RESOLVED ANSWERED and sending a notice to that team so they are aware of this accessibility issue.
Thanks again for the bug report! :)
As per the comments, it seems as external to the Visual Studio. Hence please provide the external bug ID.
As per the C&E management guidelines, SLA time for validation is 14 days. This bug is currently not actionable to us as the external Id is not provided for the bug. Please provide the external Id for the bug.
Please find the attached email for C&E Management guidelines.
Created attachment 26289 [details]
Updated Resolved Bug Process