Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list. press Enter Key. App2.iOS Properties window appears
10. Select "iOS Run Options" tab from left pane
11. Launch inspect tool
12. Using Tab navigate to "Environmental variables" table
13. Observe "Name" property of the table in inspect [Refer to screenshot "Environment Variable-Table"]
Name property is defined as "DataGridView"
Name property should be defined as "Environmental Variable Datagridview"
When user select any element of the datagrid table, Screenreader reads table as "DatagridView table", actual Name of the table is different. User Rely on screen reader cannot identify name of the table.
Created attachment 19249 [details]
Fixed in version 126.96.36.1997 (master)
Commit: 30589af5390b21b8b1159e0dd10e7eb74b34f835 (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Xamarin version 188.8.131.527 (master) is not available to verify the issue.
Created attachment 25187 [details]
Inspect-Issue is fixed-Environment Variables Datagrid view
Verified the issue and the issue is fixed - Name property is appropriate for "Environmental Variable Datagridview" datagrid, hence closing the bug.
Verified Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro
OS Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.5.0 Preview 1.0[27006.1.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 184.108.40.2069(dbde9cdd3)
Note: Please find the attachment for more info.
[Attachment: Inspect-Issue is fixed-Environment Variables Datagrid view]