Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19174 [details]
Inspect and narrator buddy logs
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the App Name(For Ex: App2.Droid) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list 10. press Enter Key. Properties window appears
10. Select "Application" from Left pane
Launch Inspect tool
i) Using Tab navigate to the Edit boxes
ii) Observe "Name" property for both Edit boxes in inspect
i) Using Tab navigate to the "Compile using Android Version:(Target Framework)" combo box under "Application properties" and observe "Name" in inspect
ii)Similarly Tab to "Minimum Android to Target" and "Target Android version" combo boxes observe "Name" property in inspect
Name Property is empty for both edit boxes
1. Actual Name of the combo box is "Compile using Android Version:(Target Framework)"
but it is defined as "Minimum Android to Target"
2. Actual Name of the second combo box is "Minimum Android to Target"
but it is defined as "Application Properties"
3. Actual Name of the third combo box is "Target Android version"
but it is defined as "Compile using Android Version:(Target Framework)
Name Property should be defined for both edit boxes
Name Property of the combo boxes should be changed according to the actual Name of the combo boxes.
User Rely on screen reader will get incorrect results if the Name property is incorrect
Fixed in version 18.104.22.1687 (master)
Commit: e67f8a5b44dddad4d636e928c23d87d48342b2bc (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Xamarin version 22.214.171.1247 (master) is not available.
Created attachment 25020 [details]
Inspect and Narrator buddy logs - Issue is Fixed
Verified the issue in below mentioned build and the issue got fixed and "Minimum Android to Target" and "Target Android version" combo boxes have been removed , hence closing the bug.
Verified Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.5.0 Preview 1.0[26927.3.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 126.96.36.1995(50450332e)
Note: Please find the attached screenshot for more info.