Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create Xamarin.Forms project, essentially targeting Android
2) Create two ContentPage types say P1,P2
2) Set an instance of P1 as the Navigation MainPage in the App
3) Push an instance of P2 on the NavigationStack, on Button click event on P1
4) Send the App to background after navigating to P2
5) Bring the App to foreground and pop out from P2 -> P1
1) When the App is brought to foreground, OnAppearing() fires on both P1 and P2 instances.
OnAppearing() should only be fired on P2 instance as P1 is not currently showing i.e. not on top of NavigationStack
2) After the App is brought to foreground and P2 is popped out to Navigate to P1, OnAppearing() does not fire on P1.
OnAppearing() should be fired when P2 is popped out to navigate to P1
Note: OnAppearing() on P1 gets fired as expected when the App is not sent to background and user pops out from P2 -> P1
Issues occurs on both 18.104.22.168 stable and 22.214.171.124-pre1
Created attachment 18967 [details]
Xamarin Forms Project
Your repro is not using the latest release. It's using 126.96.36.199. Just to make sure, did you try the latest version?
Yes, the attached repo is using the old version. I also tried with the latest pre release i.e. 188.8.131.52-pre1, it did not work. The reason I reverted the nuget package to the old version is that the latest pre release is not available for download from nuget.org source, because it seems like it is deprecated and not showing up in the available version list. However, I downloaded the package from the website and side loaded it into the project to check if it works.
I tested your repro on top of latest master and wasn't able to reproduce it. I suspect that a near future release should not have this problem.
Note that the problem exists in 184.108.40.206. We should test this again in 2.3.4-pre2.
This is working as expected on the latest nightly build, so this should be fixed in 2.3.5.