Bug 5018 - Java Binding project issues...
Summary: Java Binding project issues...
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Android Add-in ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT]
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-05-10 20:11 UTC by kenny goers
Modified: 2016-08-03 15:37 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description kenny goers 2012-05-10 20:11:33 UTC
I've created a Jar Binding project and even before adding a jar file (and it continues after I've added the jar), I get the following error:

/Users/mac/Projects/FragmentTesting/Jericho/Jericho.csproj: Error: /Users/mac/Projects/FragmentTesting/Jericho/Jericho.csproj: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Novell/Xamarin.Android.Bindings.targets: Project file could not be imported, it was being imported by /Users/mac/Projects/FragmentTesting/Jericho/Jericho.csproj: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Novell/Xamarin.Android.Bindings.targets could not import "$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.Targets" (Jericho)

I really don't know what it's trying to do, other projects build fine.  Running the latest Mono/MonoDevelop/MonoTouch/Mono for Android available from the Alpha channel (installed May 10 (today)).
Comment 1 kenny goers 2012-05-10 20:25:42 UTC
After toying for a while and looking at things in the project, it appears to things are being added to the project from the template:

  <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Novell\Novell.MonoDroid.CSharp.targets" />
  <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Novell\Xamarin.Android.Bindings.targets" />

Only the Xamarin one is needed, if I remove the Novel one, it starts to build properly.
Comment 2 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2012-05-10 21:02:52 UTC
Fixed and backported.