Bug 4998 - MonoDevelop does not respect changing the namespace of a class
Summary: MonoDevelop does not respect changing the namespace of a class
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: C# Binding ()
Version: Trunk
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Mike Krüger
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-05-10 09:41 UTC by Alan McGovern
Modified: 2012-05-10 10:38 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Alan McGovern 2012-05-10 09:41:14 UTC
Here is roughly what happened:

Project B has a reference to Project A. I took a class 'DesignerDragData' from Project B and moved it to Project A. The class was accidentally put in the namespace "Foo.Bar.Foo.Bar". I did not notice. I then tried to build and noticed the namespace was wrong. I fixed the namespace so it just read "Foo.Bar".

When i rebuilt the code there were a few places using that class which did not have a "using Foo.Bar" at the top. I right clicked on the "var f = new DesignerDragData ()" line and tried to add a using statement automatically, however this menu still thought the class lived in "Foo.Bar.Foo.Bar" even though i had renamed it to be in "Foo.Bar".
Comment 1 Mike Krüger 2012-05-10 10:38:44 UTC