Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The profiler has paths to roots as blank for live objects.
@jkolb, I have checked this issue with latest profiler build i.e. 126.96.36.199 and unable to reproduce this issue.
Could you please attach the sample and profiler log so that I can confirm this issue at our end.
Created attachment 18829 [details]
zipped up mlpd file
Created attachment 18830 [details]
This is with build 188.8.131.52. It does not appear that 184.108.40.206 is on the Xamarin site.
The project is at https://github.com/inormis/MvxSIGSEVTest
You need to take snapshots (and wait for the application to finish) to see data in the paths to roots section, as that's where object references are reported by the runtime. So:
* start profiling your app
* take as many snapshots as you want
* stop application
After that, you should see data for alive objects
Even with snapshots via GC (example if I set it to snapshot on every GC or every 10 seconds) it does not work.
Manual snapshots are not possible. See Bug 49319.
this should be fixed now in the upcoming C9 refresh (1.1.8), so closing for now, please reopen if it happens again for you.
I have checked this issue with latest profiler build i.e. 220.127.116.11 and observed that this issue is working fine.
Now I am closing this issue.