Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 18404 [details]
Sample program to demonstrate this issue.
Dear Development Team,
on my current Arch Linux installation I've found an issue while I was working with System.Diagnostics.Process class.
When I try to use the method Process.MainWindowTitle in order to get the window title of processes, it only returns "null".
I have added small sample code in order to better repdroduce this issue.
Since I've googled around a bit, I figured out, that this issue seems to be alread reported in another Bug tracker in 2009 ( http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-bugs/2009-June/090036.html ), but I was not able to find this issue in Xamarin Bug Tracker.
I also moved my compiled .exe file to a Windows machine and when I run this file there, it works well and I get window titles from each graphical program I run.
This is expected, the concept of the MainWindowTitle which is prevalent on Windows does not exist on Unix, as there is no way to reliably determine this value.