Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When trying to compile the iOS project you will get the following after the version Mono JIT compiler version 4.8.0 (mono-4.8.0-branch/e51aa0a Fri Oct 28 11:48:43 EDT 2016).
Looks like the issue might be related to https://github.com/mono/mono/commit/244124e6170ba0325f82e6545e5fd2b7cc62a788
Had the same issue using Mono 18.104.22.1685 (mono-4.8.0-branch/c7cb8e9) – Gist: https://gist.github.com/VincentDondain/689aaa473b4bef402c083b585b82b329
@Miguel, it looks like your mkbundle changes broke our mkbundle usage.
Can someone run the command manually and get more details on why mkbundle is producing an error 1?
The changes on that commit affect mostly a codepath for the "--simple" setup, not the old legacy one.
ok, If I use:
I get the mkbundle error 1
(*** this is the previous commit ***)
"/Users/sshaw/code/md-addins/Authenticator/Authenticator.csproj (default targets) ->
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Mac/Xamarin.Mac.Common.targets (_CompileToNative target) ->
MMP: error MM5109: Native linking failed with error code 1. Check build log for details."
Which I thought was fixed with a change to BTLS (in master?)
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_mono_btls_bio_flush", referenced from:
9f4abc - fails
085b65 - fails - https://github.com/mono/mono/commit/085b653a
a2ebdc - works 22.214.171.124 - last working build
4917a5 - works
a63e74 - works
8be6ec - works
1db906 - works
Not sure if this is helpful at all, but here it is :)
I executed the command manually and had no issues as long as we do not use the exec in the script. I'm trying to debug this with mono --debug and gdb and I have not yet found the issue.
When I ran the command with exec I get a 1 in $? while if I do not go via exec I get $?. I've got a feeling that mono is not the issue. Will get back here with more info ASAP.
I ran into this a few days ago too while building maccore. mkbundle tries to lookup the I18N assemblies and fails here: https://github.com/mono/mono/blob/d9fdda567d246386c7b9f6f994747a4c8458bd3b/mcs/tools/mkbundle/mkbundle.cs#L1106-L1107
Adding `--i18n none` fixed the problem for me.
Ooh, good find! Can we fix the two places in that file which call `Environemnt.Exit` without providing a message to actually provide an actionable message?
I have tested the build with the following mono version:
MacBook-Pro:xamarin-macios mandel$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.9.0 (master/60b660d Wed Oct 26 22:38:57 EDT 2016)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
And after the mono bump we did in maccore we do not longer have the issue. Will close the bug and will ask someone else in the team to double check what I found.
it's not invalid - it was an issue that had to be patched. We should also address the two places where we call Environment.Exit(1) without actually printing an error message. One of those places is linked in comment 6.
Opened https://github.com/mono/mono/pull/4024 for adding the error messages.
Correct, the issue in master does not longer exist because we do not mkbundle anymore, so comment 6 is correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Closing as the issues have been addressed