Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Create a new MFA solution
2) Set to Release mode
3) Project->Publish Android Application
* With 'Create new Keystore' selected, the path entered can be a folder (not a filename) but this will cause the wizard to fail
* With 'Create new Keystore' selected, the file select screen does not allow you to select a folder and write in a name. The file select screen forces you to choose an existing file (but you cannot use an existing file) when 'creating a new keystore'
* There doesn't seem to be a restriction on keystore file extension (I can make my keystore a .dmg if I so choose). Expected?
Some of the issues shown here: http://screencast.com/t/H4t5wPSF
* non-file name is now rejected for Create new Keystore. (i.e. fixed)
* I couldn't find MonoDevelop components for any file chooser(?) that allows creating new file, to replace existing file chooser.
* AFAIK there is no file name limitation or assumption for key store file extension. Hence restricting it rather sounds like an invalid choice.
IMO this is not an important issue, so the fix is only in master.
As I wrote in comment #1 we need some file chooser addition in MonoDevelop first.
Once it's done, bring this back to XA.
Ok so I revisited the issue, and the validation is still the exact opposite of what we want.
When you select 'Create new keystore', you're forced to choose an *existing* file. When you choose an existing file (because the dialog forces you to) you see the validation error 'Keystore file already exists'.
The file-system browser that opens when you select 'Browse' should allow/force you to enter a new file name, and shouldn't allow you to choose an existing file.
Moving this back out of trivial as it is likely an easy fix and can be a pitfall for new users. We do ned to re-do the entire dialog, but we can probably fix this one before that happens.
It is likely duplicate of bug #14292 but just reassigning to Greg so far.
Fixed in publishing workflow changes