Bug 44371 - iOS Linking
Summary: iOS Linking
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: XI 10.0 (iOS10)
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: 10.2.1 (C8SR1)
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2016-09-15 14:54 UTC by Raphael Augusto da Silva
Modified: 2016-09-16 14:32 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Raphael Augusto da Silva 2016-09-15 14:54:08 UTC
# Steps to reproduce
I have a Xamarin.iOS class library and it's uses Xamarin.Forms. It's referenced in a Xamarin.Forms project.
I've updated both to the last Xamarin.Forms update, and also updated the Mac to xCode 8. 

The Xamarin.iOS class library builds succesfully, but the Xamarin.Forms project that uses it, don't.
If I set the iOS linker to "don't link", it builds. But, if I set to Link SDK assemblies only (how was working before), and even if I Skipping this assembly, it fails.

It starts to happen after I've updated the components.

# Expected behavior
Build succesfully on  Link SDK assemblies only

# Actual behavior
Build error.

# Supplemental info (logs, images, videos)
It works if I set the linker to "Don't link"

# Test environment (full version information)