Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 17450 [details]
I can not debug my android app anymore
Description of Problem:
any time when i deployed my app into my android device it give the problem that the V4 and V7 doesn't exist
Steps to reproduce the problem:
My app doesn't run when i debug it
Can work as simple as windows users use it ...
How often does this happen?
any time it does it since i bought my Mac and install Xamarin
> android.support.v7.widget.PopupMenu does not exist
An error like that indicates that the Java compiler is not currently including the Android Support Libraries during the build. There are several reasons that could be happening. One possibility is that the references to the Android Support Library assemblies  have been lost from the .csproj somehow or that the build process is not properly pulling them into the Java compilation step.
 These assemblies are provided by Components or NuGet packages like:
## Next steps
If you've double-checked that Android Support Library references all look good, there are 2 options for how to proceed:
- For additional troubleshooting assistance from other users in the community who might have seen similar errors, you might wish to post a question on http://stackoverflow.com/tags/xamarin, being sure to include the "xamarin" tag. The response time from the community on issues like this **is often faster** than the response time on bug reports.
- You can reply back on this bug.
In either case, I'd recommend including all of the following information. If replying back on this bug report, all of the information is required:
- Do you get the same problem on a new template "Android > App > Android App"? That template uses some of the Android Support Libraries.
- Include the full log context of the error messages you are seeing. This looks like a build time error, so please attach back the complete diagnostic MSBuild output .
- Describe the environment where the bug was encountered, including the operating system and versions of Xamarin and any dependencies.
See https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/troubleshooting/questions/howto-file-bug/ for additional details on what to include. Thanks in advance!
Because we have not received a reply to our request for more information we are closing this issue. If you are still encountering this issue, please reopen the ticket with the requested information. Thanks!