Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 17447 [details]
Diagnostic MSBuild output
[Cycle 8] "Unexpected libzip error: Inval" when building project that references Android Support Libraries if user name contains any accented characters
## Regression status: Regression in Cycle 8 Stable compared to Cycle 7 SR 1
> BAD: Xamarin 188.8.131.520 (c4382f5) (with Xamarin.Android 184.108.40.206 (0e59c36))
> GOOD: Xamarin 220.127.116.11 (fcbe082) (with Xamarin.Android 18.104.22.168 (1cf254d))
## Steps followed to replicate
1. Create a Windows username that includes a non-ASCII character. (I used a single letter username "é" for my tests.)
2. Create a new "Visual C# > Android > Blank App (Android)" project. (I created the project under the path `C:\source` for my tests.)
3. Add the "Xamarin.Android.Support.v4" (version 22.214.171.124) NuGet package.
4. Attempt to build the project.
## BAD Results on Cycle 8
The key error is:
> error XA5209: Reason: Unexpected libzip error: Inval
## GOOD Results on Cycle 7 SR 1
The build completes successfully (and so does packaging and signing into a .apk).
## Additional version info (brief)
Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 Enterprise
Windows 10 (64-bit)
*** Bug 44038 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Fix committed to LibZipSharp/master in commit eeba812d287c74e6d28cf5461f6fd62cff2f6963 (https://github.com/grendello/LibZipSharp/commit/eeba812d287c74e6d28cf5461f6fd62cff2f6963) but not yet included in xamarin-android or monodroid.
Merged into monodroid/master, commit 780d661a4b93c1c080f06c9416c59f3a6e8adfd2
Merged into xamarin-android/master, commit 3e41c40046e0c49e0291eaf08f16a9551a2d5305
It looks like this commit ended up being included in C8SR0 due to the update for LibZipSharp that was included for Bug 44184. So this can optionally be verified against C8SR0 rather than C8SR1. Thanks!
I can also reproduce this Issue with Cycle8 build (XVS 126.96.36.1990). This is the build output for the same: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/ba0ba6b61d5add43ac20908c57ecb020
I have also checked it with latest C8SR0 build and it is working fine. This is the build output: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/94585820835e95793f246c8a8288d145
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.21005.1 REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin 188.8.131.523 (3b7df6f)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 184.108.40.206 (96c7ba6)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 10.0.1.10 (ad1cd42)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
Adjusting target milestone to Cycle 8 SR 0 for precise bookkeeping based on the verification from Comment 7.