Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Xamarin Business)
1. Debug Device
The App does not show the Storyboard page.
A RoundBoxView (from my separate assemblies, plc and ios) is visible on the page.
2. Release Device
The App shows the Storyboard page.
A RoundBoxView (from my separate assemblies, plc and ios) is not visible on the page.
I have no problems in the Release and Debug in the simulator
The RoundBoxView behavior is the same for a page renderer to swipe, for back navigation, without pressing the navigation button.
(This is needed if the Navigationbar is hidden)
public class EifelContentPage : ContentPage
[assembly: ExportRenderer(typeof(EifelContentPage), typeof(EifelMono.Forms.Implementation.EifelPageRenderer))]
[Preserve(AllMembers = true)]
public class EifelPageRenderer : PageRenderer
public override void ViewWillAppear(bool animated)
if (ViewController.NavigationController != null)
ViewController.NavigationController.InteractivePopGestureRecognizer.Enabled = true;
ViewController.NavigationController.InteractivePopGestureRecognizer.Delegate = new UIGestureRecognizerDelegate();
Thanks for the report!
I afraid don't quite follow the steps that you're using to observe a problem:
- You mention `RoundBoxView` in the description, but the code excerpt defines a class called `EifelPageRenderer`.
- The `EifelPageRenderer` appears to implement a behavior for use within a `NavigationController`. Is it sufficient to place the `EifelContentPage` within a Xamarin.Forms NavigationPage? What is the intended usage context for that class in an app?
To help the Xamarin team address this issue as efficiently as possible, please provide additional information, such as:
- If at all possible, please zip up and attach a complete small, self-contained test case that reproduces the bug with as little code as possible. While the code snippet in Comment 0 looks interesting, a small runnable test case will be even better.
- Briefly describe the steps you followed to encounter the error, for example as a list of actions starting with "1. Start the app on device in the Debug configuration".
- Briefly describe what happened and was expected to happen. What is the Storyboard page? What is the RounBoxView? Is the "Debug Device" behavior correct? Is the "Release Device" behavior correct? You say you have "no problems" on the simulator. What is the result that you see on the simulator and how does it differ from the 2 "Device" behaviors?
- Describe the environment where the bug was encountered, including the operating system and versions of Xamarin and any dependencies. In particular please:
(a) Collect and attach back the complete version information from Xamarin Studio on Mac from "Xamarin Studio > About Xamarin Studio > Show Details > Copy Information". Importantly, this will include the Xcode version and the Mac OS version.
(b) Include the device models and operating system versions of the "Debug Device" and "Release Device"
See https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/troubleshooting/questions/howto-file-bug/ for additional details on what to include. Thanks in advance!
You can close this bug.
In the release the Linker removes the code.
I fixed it by calling the renderer from ios.
But why does it work in the simulator und debug and release?
see last entry