Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 4377 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
I cannot drag items from a submenu in a menubar in the Stetic GUI Designer. I can drag items in the first level, but not under a submenu.
To reproduce the problem:
- Create an empty GTK# application
- Add a menubar to the window
- Add a "File" action to the menubar
- Add the following actions to "File": "Open", "Save" and "Exit"
- Try to drag the "Open", "Save" or "Exit" actions to change the menu item order.
Result: The item order cannot be changed unless editing the Stetic GUI Designer XML file.
- MonoDevelop 126.96.36.199
- Ubuntu 11.10 x64
- GNOME 3.2.1.
GTK Library Versions:
- libgtk2.0-0, libgtk2.0-bin, libgtk2.0-common: 2.24.6-0ubuntu5
- libgtk2.0-cil: 2.12.10-2ubuntu1
I have talked about this issue on the #monodevelop IRC channel (GIMPNet) and someone else could reproduce this issue under Fedora 16 with the following GTK library versions:
- gtk2.x86_64 2.24.8-3.fc16
- gtk-sharp2.x86_64 2.12.11-1.fc16
I guess that it must be the same issue, but I cannot drag actions from the Toolbox to a submenu in a menubar control.
If this can help, another user on the #monodevelop IRC channel could not reproduce the same problem under Debian stable with the following GTK library versions:
- libgtk2.0: 2.20.1-2
- libgtk2.0-cil: 2.12.10-1