Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) "Install and Restart" doesn't close MD before installing a Mono framework update, it does the update while MD is running
2) Immediately after downloading and installing Mono 2.10.5 successfully, MD started downloading it again. Probably a side-effect of 1.
3) Xamarin Update didn't display progress of the pkg installation.
4) I'm getting Mono updates but not MonoTouch updates
5) right-clicking on the download icon pauses the download
6) Clicking on the "update now" button in prefs has no obvious indication that the check was successful
6 also applies to the "check for updates" menu item. We should have a "no updates found" dialog when the user checks explicitly.
Not sure, but if you change your update channel in the prefs and then click the "update now" button, I think it still checks the previous channel you had selected.
Also, the details window for an update seems to remove underscores ('_') from the release notes. This breaks some URLs pasted in the release notes.
All of this is now fixed in master.