Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 43154 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 16936 [details]
Scrolling past the last item in android emulator
Clearing CarouselPage ItemSource then adding items causes a 'phantom' item to appear at the end of the CarouselPage that crashes the application when navigated to.
I encountered this bug on android and have not tested it on any other platforms.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Bind the ItemSource of a CarouselPage to an ObservableCollection<T>.
2. Be sure to populate the collection with at least one item before it is rendered to prevent a no items exception.
Within the same method:
3. Clear the collection with ObservableCollection<T>.Clear().
4. Populate the collection with new items.
Getting the error:
5. Scroll through the carousel until you get to the last real item. If you scroll just a bit further you will notice an extra empty page (the phantom item). Should you release the CarouselPage over this item it will attempt to select it and crash.
The author of this thread appears to be having the same issue and has found a workaround: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/67490/xamarin-carousel-page-throws-system-argumentoutofrangeexception-on-last-page-swipe-only-on-android