Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
# Steps to reproduce
Open VS, click "Mac Agent" icon, click connect, enter credentials, after a while an error pop-up "Couldn't connect to MacBuildHost.local. Please try again." appears.
# Expected behavior
# Actual behavior
Previously, I used Xamarin 4.0 and it worked well; but after upgrading to Xamarin 4.1, Xamarin Mac Agent always failed connecting to Mac with the error "Couldn't connect to MacBuildHost.local. Please try again."
# Supplemental info (logs, images, videos)
- I have tried every points listed here: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/installation/windows/connecting-to-mac/troubleshooting/#Known_Issues_and_Limitations
- SSH using CMD (after installing Git for Windows) to the Mac is successful
- tried deleting XMA broker folder on Mac; after running Mac Agent again, the folder (and its content) is recreated, after a while the Mac Agent disconnected with the error "Couldn't connect to MacBuildHost.local. Please try again."
# Test environment (full version information)
Created attachment 16625 [details]
Some further information:
- My user account for Windows & Mac is local (not a network account)
- I already tried adding Mac using IP address
- SSH from Windows to Mac works!
- Mac has active Internet connection
- Mac is connected to Wi-Fi, Windows is wired
- Before upgrading to Xamarin 4.1, everything works as expected in Xamarin 4.0
I'm guessing that the XMA broker failed to start or crashed after starting, hence the issue.
Created attachment 16626 [details]
log at $HOME/Library/Logs/Xamarin-4.1
Note: Because I currently need to get this work right now, I have decided to downgrade to Xamarin 4.0 (184.108.40.206), and now Xamarin Mac Agent is working fine again
As of today, the private build patches were already integrated in our current stable build.
I'll mark the bug as resolved/fixed, but please reopen it if you still facing this issue with latest stable, and share us your environment info and logs, as there is additional logging included in newer versions which can help if that's the case.
As per comment 7 marking it resolved.
I have checked this issue with latest C9 build and I am able to connect Mac build host without any error.