Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 16542 [details]
Exception in XamarinForms for WindowsPage
I'm a problem about Xamarin.Forms.
OS: Windows 10 Pro
IDE: Visual Studio Community 2015 Update 3
Xamarin: Xamarin for VS 184.108.40.206
When I create a Xamarin.Forms Portable Project, I'm not able to use the designer in UWP and 8.1 (in 8.1 phone it works).
System return to me the following error: Error Cannot create an instance of "WindowsPage".
I followed the troubleshooting posted at https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/platform-features/windows/installation/universal/, but without result (however I found all modifies already done).
Can you help me about?
Thank you so much.
Thank you for taking the time to submit the bug. We tried to reproduce the issue you reported but were unable given the description. If you could please attach a reproduction to the bug by starting with a clean Xamarin.Forms project and adding just the code necessary to demonstrate the issue, we would very much appreciate it.
For your convenience, we have created some reproduction best practices viewable here: https://gist.github.com/jassmith/92405c300e54a01dcc6d
Xamarin Forms Team
* Start Visual Studio
* create a new project (Xamarin.Forms portable)
* VS will possibly fail to correctly create the windows phone subprojects - which may or may not be a seperate issue.
* build the UWP subproject.
* In the UWP project, double click the file "MainPage.xaml"
* The XAML designer opens and shows a graphical representation of the file contents.
* The XAML designer displays a nested set of exceptions as in Alains attachment.
Since the other created subprojects only seem to let you edit the XAML as text, and the emulators are too sloggy for quick visual feedback on my system, that's quite the show stopper.
Environment in my case:
* Windows 10 pro
* VS 2015 4.6.01586
* Xamarin 220.127.116.11 (according to "about VS")
* Xamarin for VS 4.2.8 (according to "Extensions and Updates")
* Microsoft.NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform v5.0.0 and v5.2.2
* Xamarin.Forms 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
can confirm using the steps above on VS2015 and 2.3.4. Not sure this is a Forms or VisualStudio problem.
This is working now in VS17.