Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
- It would be nice to roll up some of the most common templates into the MonoTouch category so you don't have to fully drill down.
- Shorten the names of the templates (like removing "MonoTouch"). The names are so long that several of them look identical. You have to resize the dialog to see (Storyboard).
- Rather than have 3x the number of templates, let me pick the app type I want and then select my target devices (ipad/iphone) on the Project Features page.
1) my new project template dialog fixes this, drilling down is a filtering/refining.
2) We can do that, but if we shorten then too much they won't make sense when displayed without categorization in in the "recent projects" list.
3) Handling the variants as project features is planned ((storyboard+xib) * (ipad+iphone_universal) = 6 varaints), but for that we need project templates that support options. I was working on that but had to put it on hold to work on Xcode 4.
Good point about the "recent projects" part. Maybe we can expand the second line which only contains "C#" to contain the full path, like "C# -> MonoTouch -> iPad"?
That might work, yes.
Some of this has already been done. Have you looked at the MonoTouch templates recently, as they exist in MD 2.8?
This has already been implemented