Bug 4142 - Support for android:style ? (Progressbar)
Summary: Support for android:style ? (Progressbar)
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Android Designer ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Lluis Sanchez
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-03-29 01:15 UTC by NeoDarque
Modified: 2012-04-19 03:24 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description NeoDarque 2012-03-29 01:15:43 UTC
I noticed the following thing:

* If I add a progressbar (Horizontal/Large or Small), I'll get an error while compiling saying "No resource identifier found for attribute 'style', and I can't edit the file in the "source"-mode, any edits totally wrecks the whole contents of the file. But I can edit the file by right clicking it, and removing the "android:style" row, then the application at least compiles.
Comment 1 Lluis Sanchez 2012-04-18 09:14:37 UTC
This seems to be a bug in the MfA compilation target. Reassigning to MfA.
Comment 2 Andreia Gaita 2012-04-18 09:44:25 UTC
Turns out it's a problem with the generation of the style line. According to http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/themes.html#ApplyAStyle , style should not have the android: prefix . Reassigning to the Designer.

@NeoDarque: As a workaround while this gets fixed, if you keep the line but remove the "android:" prefix, it should work.
Comment 3 Lluis Sanchez 2012-04-19 03:24:49 UTC
Fixed in master.