Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 15540 [details]
Example project showing the problem
When loading local html content reference a local image, the iOS WebView behaves unexpectedly. In this scenario, it uses a too large scrolling size, and shows an unexpected "unitialized/black area" when scrolling.
In the attached example, it is possible to scroll down or right (depending on device orientation) to show the behaviour. Look at the app class for the relevant code.
In the attached example, the undesired area is always black. I can also reproduce the bug when adding a new WebView to an existing view hierarchy. In that case, the undesired area may show bits and pieces of previously rendered html pages.
The described behaviour does not occur when not loading a local image. Additionally, it does not occur in a custom renderer using UIWebView. So I assume this is related to the WebViewRenderer implementation. When debugging, it seemed to me that the ContentSize of the UIWebView's UIScrollView was incorrect.
I reproduced this bug in the latest Xamarin.Forms 22.214.171.12429, and as arealy as XF 1.3.
I reproduced this bug using iOS 9.2.1 and 8.1.1 using the simulator and real devices.
Xamarin.iOS Version is 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition), Xamarin Studio Version is 5.10.2 (build 56).
Created attachment 15541 [details]
Should be fixed in 2.3.0-pre1. Thank you!
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 2.3.0-pre2 and its working fine.
Hence closing this issue.
I've tested it with Xamarin.Forms 2.3.0-pre3, and it's working without issue for me too. Thanks!