Bug 39828 - Xamarin Mac Agent can´t connect to MAC
Summary: Xamarin Mac Agent can´t connect to MAC
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: XMA ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2016-03-22 08:16 UTC by daniel.baum
Modified: 2016-12-23 00:23 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Xamarin logs (3.52 KB, application/x-zip-compressed)
2016-03-22 08:16 UTC, daniel.baum

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description daniel.baum 2016-03-22 08:16:31 UTC
Created attachment 15480 [details]
Xamarin logs


i have installed the latest version of xamarin (on Mac and on Windows).
I try to connect Visual Studio with the Mac Agent to the MAC.

The agent founds the MAC.

All settings on the MAC are done like in the install instructions.

The agent is not able to connect. I will get an error:
 Couldn´t connect to sadmx1001.local. Please try again.

The logs from Xamarin are attached.

What seems to be a little bit strange is, that when i open the "Sharing" settings on the MAC the full mac-name was
sadmc1001.horsch.local but the mac-agent founds sadmc1001.local

I also try to connect to the MAC via ssh console, this will work.
Comment 1 daniel.baum 2016-03-22 08:23:03 UTC
What i also try is directly connect to the ip of the mac, this is also not working
Comment 2 Enzo Heredia 2016-04-11 14:36:04 UTC
Hi Daniel,
is your windows set with different language that English?
Comment 3 daniel.baum 2016-04-12 05:59:38 UTC
Hi Enzo,

yes I have a german windows
Comment 4 daniel.baum 2016-04-12 06:01:56 UTC
I found a workaround for this issue.

I set bot IP addresses to a static one.
Than connect the mac and the pc via a switch, without dhcp.

The both (mac and pc) found each other.

After the is switch back the ip-configuration to dhcp.
Connect both to a network with dhcp addressing.

And now both are able to found each other.
Comment 5 Jose Gallardo 2016-12-23 00:23:14 UTC
As we've added several improvements to our build system and deploying/debugging mechanism since the bug was reported, I'm resolving it tentatively as Fixed.
That said, if you're still facing this issue with current bits, please feel free to reopen the bug.