Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 1539 [details]
Implements the HttpListenerRequest.GetClientCertificate
HttpListenerRequest.GetClientCertificate always returns null. Attached is a patch that adds support for HttpListenerRequest.GetClientCertificate.
As part of this, the HttpConnection implements a delegate for validating client certificates. In order for client certificates to be used, this delegate returns true. Currently, the validation code examines the certificate properties to determine if the certificate can be used by a server.
Created attachment 1551 [details]
Alternative patch (untested)
This is an alternative implementation that checks for validation errors too.
It also removes writing the DN of all the certs in the trust store upon client connection.
I'll test this shortly and post results.
Gonzalo, I don't have an issue with not sending the DN - but make it a separate commit (just in case we have to re-enable it ;-)
Ok. I will apply that patch separately.
David, how's that testing going?
I'm currently in a major refactoring effort of an extremely important piece of code that is causing me not to be able to test the http infrastructure. I predict being able to run through it tomorrow morning.
According to my coworker, this is working. I'm in the process of creating our own fork of the mono tree and I'll apply this to our development branch instead of the temporary ones I had. I'll update this as soon as I confirm it is fixed.
Hah. Sweet. *RIGHT NOW* I was starting to build a test setup for this issue and do it myself. If it works fine, I will push it to master and, may be, mono-2-10.
Let us know how your test goes.
Fixed in master/05f25ea
I'll close the bug once I merge this onto mono-2-10
master also needs 9da7c4b8fda988948107efe421fdabc2a7e22dd4 to complete the previous patch.
mono-2-10/80801f6d22ffb03982a63dbed786afadac7e685b fix the problem in that branch