Bug 39209 - XS showing wrong configurations for Android on new Native App Solution
Summary: XS showing wrong configurations for Android on new Native App Solution
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Project Model ()
Version: 6.0.0 (C7)
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Greg Munn
Depends on:
Reported: 2016-02-29 17:27 UTC by Abdullah Ibn Nadjo
Modified: 2016-09-19 08:20 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Abdullah Ibn Nadjo 2016-02-29 17:27:12 UTC
Steps to reproduce :
1) Click "New solution" -> Multiplatform App -> Native Single View App, then create the solution (PCL or Shared Library, with Android and iOS platforms checked)
2) Set the Android project as startup project
3) XS now shows "Debug | iPhoneSimulator"
4) If you click to choose a different configuration, it shows other iPhone configurations

Here is a screenshot : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UOrvmccd7PVXFiSDBWaEUwSU0/view?usp=sharing

On OSX 10.11.3, tested on XS 6.0 Build 4520 and XS 5.10.2 Build 56
Comment 1 Greg Munn 2016-03-01 19:12:20 UTC
This is caused by iOS having iPhoneSimulator platforms and Android doesn't and the order in which the projects are added to the sln appears to make a difference to how the configuration mappings are handled.

I've switched the order and this reduces the issue somewhat, although when the Android project is selected as start up we still show the iPhone* configurations but we don't select one by default.
Comment 2 xamarin-release-manager 2016-03-02 14:38:42 UTC
Fixed in version (master)

Author: Greg Munn
Commit: 4fe99056e9df2cc3a294364d996e558b2eccb8c6 (xamarin/md-addins)
Included in Commit: 2c3ebc4ccbbfb1c768e99d82f551cb05b63152f2 (mono/monodevelop)
Comment 3 xamarin-release-manager 2016-03-08 18:55:11 UTC
Fixed in version (cycle7)

Author: Greg Munn
Commit: fba667ac5e520399c12d20100eef2ce4aca63af4 (xamarin/md-addins)
Included in Commit: 954e7729f86e8abb7d5af6c396169fc5266aa62b (mono/monodevelop)
Comment 4 Danish Akhtar 2016-09-19 08:20:05 UTC
I have checked this issue with latest XS 6.2(build 529), now XS showing correct configurations for Android on new Native App Solution in XS. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/yCZ3Pbq1b

Env info: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/0f99b75e673a8a48c743901fee42ea20

Hence closing this issue.