Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After installing 0.31 it didn't work at all. After a bit of inspection I've found out that XamarinProfiler.Core.dll was missing for some reason.
Then I did repair installation and it copied the missing file and started working.
Note that I did upgrade from an older Profiler.
*** Bug 39126 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Repair worked for me.
Looks like there is bug when upgrading from 0.24 or earlier to 0.30 on with XamarinProfiler.Core.dll and XamarinProfiler.Instruments.dll
So the workaround is remove 0.24 version or earlier and then install 0.3x or uninstall 0.24 version or earlier and the run a regular installtion of 0.3x.
From now on, 0.3x, 0.4x,,,etc. Will not have this problem. Hence, closing it.
Please, feel free to reopen if that arise again after 0.30> upgrade.