Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Which version of the Mono SDK are you running? I have tried to repo using the test project on my machine and it works fine?
Hi Dean I have checked this issue with the following MonoFramework-MDK-220.127.116.114.macos10.xamarin.universal_162dd58515e90816987c9caaf51c381f9ad99d61
and I am still getting same behavior.
Please have a look on the screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/knrokS4vot
So please let me know that what I am missing to check this feature ?
Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/Rajneesh360Logica/5d05e4b7102c684c0623
I have just installed Mono JIT compiler version 4.3.1 (mono-4.3.1-branch/6d83535 Thu Jan 21 23:54:14 EST 2016)
and it works perfectly on the test that I have I am attaching the zip file containing both the archive and the error.txt can you see if it works on your machine
Created attachment 14913 [details]
extract the zip you should have the following directory structure
archive is a directory which contains the dll's etc , error.txt is just a text file.
go to the extracted directory and type
mono-symbolicate archive/ttttttttt.dll error.txt
you should see the filename is replaced.
I have tested with 4.3.3 (master/6bca78d) as well and it works
Assemblies/output that reproduces this issue:
I have replicated that the first line on the Exception is NOT being correctly filled in when it should be. Not sure if this is a problem with out archive packaging or if its a mono-symbolicate issue.
I think I figured out why its not fixing up the lines for the main app.. there is not .mdb file for the main assembly in the archive (or the intermediate directory).
Need to figure out why the mdb is NOT being generated
Its because for release builds we default DebugSymbols=False and DebugType=''
Setting those vales for
for a release build will result in the mdb being generated.
The system was changed in monodroid/master/83a4cd53 as as result it should be working now.
I have checked this issue with the latest master build:
I have added the following on .csproj file.
Now this issue is working fine.
Application Output: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/48c31ca547c1316e8564
Build Output: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/c8b46257d4568162d999
Error Output: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/fbc1a7f5f8791a3c6709
Symbolicate log: https://gist.github.com/Abhishekk360/aa395830e16c385b04e5
Hence closing this issue.