Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 14821 [details]
I am working on a Xamarin Forms application and when attempting to deploy to an Android device connected to my machine, it continues to set the startup project back to my UI test project.
1. I select the Xamarin android app project as my startup project.
2. I select my device and press play.
3. The output shows it was deployed successfully but the debugger does not launch the application.
4. The startup project is automatically set back to my UI test project and gives an error dialog box complaining that a class library (which is what UI test is) cannot be launched.
If I open it manually on the device I see my changes are reflected. So debugging never initializes on the Android device.
This only seemed to start happening when I opened Visual Studio this morning. I have not made any changes since the last time I was able to successfully build and deploy to the device. I do remember opening the solution in Xamarin Studio on Windows to update the test cloud runner to point to my iOS and Android apps. Somehow VS keeps going back to the UI test project instead of launching the debugger.
As we've added several improvements to our build system and deploying/debugging mechanism since the bug was reported, I'm resolving it tentatively as Fixed.
That said, if you're still facing this issue with current bits, please feel free to reopen the bug.