Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The bug is that in an ios project if I change the assembly name and compile this works fine and created the assembly. But when I save the project and exit visual studio and reopen the project the ios assembly name reverts back to the original and not the changed name.
Steps to reproduce:
1) create a new shared xamarin forms project called: mytest.forms.com in visual studio (im using 2013 update 5 with XF4 installed but same issue with XF2)
2) delete the ios project and delete from disk
3) add a new blank xamarin ios project named : mytestformscom (this will add ok) and save.
4) goto into the ios project properties and change the assembly name to mytest.forms.com (with the dots) and compile and it will compile fine.
5) save everything and exit visual studio.
6) reopen project and goto ios properties and assembly name and it will have reverted back to the name with no dots in it.
Also tried changing in notepad++ etc and same issue. also delete sou file etc and still reverts back to old version.
This issue is already fixed.