Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 14596 [details]
- An entry control is enhanced to autoreplace (autocorrect) some of the user input while typing
- TextChanged event is used to apply corrections at once
- Approach is similar to the one in this forum post: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/43873/xamarin-forms-entry-field-textchanged-event
- Affects Windows and WP8.1 (WinRT platform) and does not affect WP8.0;
- When user types text into Entry, text in Entry is not corrected;
- At the same time, bound model is updated correctly with 'replaced' vlaue.
Sample project is attached:
- Sample project replaces all 'A' with 'Y', and 'a' with 'y' in the text;
- Type text in the Entry, and observe replacements in label.
- Also two buttons added:
-- One modified value in Model, Entry shows correct value with all replacements;
-- Second modifies Entry.Text property directly, and Entry shows correct value with all replacements as well.
- Entry displays final, actual value that match the value in the model.
Fixed in 2.1.0-pre1.