Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After installing Preview #4 (monotouch-220.127.116.11.pkg) when trying to debug the app on an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.1, `System.ExecutionEngineException` gets thrown when my app is launched.
Attempting to JIT compile method '(wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`3<System.Reactive.Concurrency.IScheduler, System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler/Pair`2<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>, System.Action`2<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>, System.Action`1<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>>>>, System.IDisposable>:invoke_TResult_T1_T2 (System.Reactive.Concurrency.IScheduler,System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler/Pair`2<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>, System.Action`2<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>, System.Action`1<System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1/_/State<MYAPP.MYCLASS>>>>)' while running with --aot-only. See http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/about/limitations for more information.
EXCEPTION STACK TRACE
at (wrapper unknown) System.Object:gsharedvt_out ()
at System.Reactive.Concurrency.ImmediateScheduler.Schedule[TState] (System.Reactive.Concurrency.TState state, System.Func`3 action) [0x00014] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper unknown) System.Object:gsharedvt_in ()
at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Schedule[TState] (IScheduler scheduler, System.Reactive.Concurrency.TState state, System.Action`2 action) [0x00042] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1+_[TSource].Run () [0x0007f] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.ToObservable`1[TSource].Run (IObserver`1 observer, IDisposable cancel, System.Action`1 setSink) [0x00010] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reactive.Producer`1[TSource].SubscribeRaw (IObserver`1 observer, Boolean enableSafeguard) [0x00083] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.ObservableExtensions.SubscribeSafe[T] (IObservable`1 source, IObserver`1 observer) [0x00036] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reactive.TailRecursiveSink`1[TSource].MoveNext () [0x00197] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reactive.Concurrency.AsyncLock.Wait (System.Action action) [0x000a2] in <filename unknown>:0
The simulator did not crash, as well, the app did not crash on an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3. When I switched to the alpha channel (Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168) the app does not crash on the iPhone 6s anymore. It also does not crash on the current stable channel (Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124).
I also installed the older preview (monotouch-126.96.36.199.pkg) and the app was crashing in all environments, but with a different exception:
Message: `Unable to locate the block to delegate conversion method for the method Foundation.NSUrlSessionDataDelegate.DidReceiveResponse's parameter #4. Please file a bug at http://bugzilla.xamarin.com.
Can you share your project with us so that we can reproduce this ourselves (or create a complete test project we can use)?
Created attachment 14577 [details]
I attached a demo project that shows the same crash I am experiencing in my actual project. I started with something closer to my actual project, and tried removing as much as possible. See AppDelegate.cs for some notes. Also, packages need to be restored.
Here is my environment:
Version 5.10.1 (build 6)
Mono 4.2.1 (explicit/6dd2d0d)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 402010102
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 7.2 (9548)
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Indie Edition)
Build date: 2015-12-16 12:41:25-0500
Release ID: 510010006
Git revision: 0b60eecdb531933734519c13257d16a780274aab
Build date: 2015-12-04 20:28:20-05
Xamarin addins: 9876fd7c9837977178411ec7375b4352c0a0d6af
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle6-baseline
Mac OS X 10.10.5
I cannot reproduce this with:
mtouch 184.108.40.206 (master: 6a2d587)
Just like Zoltan I cannot reproduce this (with the 9.8.x alpha release).
Closing so QA can validate before shipping to stable.
I have checked this issue with sample project given in comment 2 with latest C7 builds and observed that it is working fine. I am not getting any exception. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/JwwR9ADzX9lO
Hence closing this issue.
Environment info: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8c73202387c7bcf21a62cb63759b6be6