Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The attached project creates properties dynamically via some reflection. The XAML bindings to the ViewModel properties are showing errors that they are bound to the wrong types and it's unclear why.
**Steps to Reproduce:**
1. Run the attached project on Android simulator.
2. In the 3 entry controls on the first screen, enter anything and then Login
3. Press the button in the middle of the screen to launch the next
4. Modify the first Entry (1001) to anything and observe the Application Output in XS.
Binding: 1001aaa can not be converted to type 'Xamarin.Forms.Command'
The binding to the property that is 1001 should be a string, not a Command. It's unclear why it's using the Command binding from the Button in the XAML.
**Build Date & Platform:**
I noticed that it appears to be using whatever was the last control in the XAML. So if you comment out the Button, it will error because of DateTime, which is from the last element in the XAML -> DatePicker. Comment that out, and now its uses String from the Entry.
The customer is unsure what is wrong in their dynamic code to do this and needs help making sure it's not an issue with how XAML bindings work.
I have tried to reproduce this issue and able to reproduce it. To reproduce this issue I have followed the steps mentioned in bug description.
IDE Log: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/e8f8116ba04cb9029484
Xamarin.Forms Version: X.F 188.8.131.5290, 184.108.40.20692-pre1
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.10.2 (build 49)
Installation UUID: 05cfbdd7-b4af-41cd-945a-9db8b054b749
Mono 4.2.2 (explicit/11c1351)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 402010003
=== Xamarin.Profiler ===
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/360_macmini/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
6.0 (API level 23)
SDK Tools Version: 24.4
SDK Platform Tools Version: 23.0.1
SDK Build Tools Version: 23.0.1
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 7.2 (9548)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2016-01-05 20:20:30-0500
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Enterprise Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 510020049
Git revision: deed4cd240ff3611c8742bbc62296e207f46173d
Build date: 2015-12-17 11:13:36-05
Xamarin addins: 8bd975e7b465f6fe812b64d736f3b7e8c1a79a3e
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle6-c6sr1
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin ShrutiMac.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015
Customer has solved this issue:
The problem was with the code in DictionaryModel -> GetTypeInfo
This call needs to be in platform specific project rather than in PCL. I moved it down there and it seems like it’s working fine