Bug 36120 - [roslyn] Projects from the same solution are not recognized
Summary: [roslyn] Projects from the same solution are not recognized
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: F# Add-in ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Linux
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: (C7)
Assignee: Dave Thomas
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-11-21 07:21 UTC by Artyom Antyipin
Modified: 2016-05-18 18:54 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Project using the referenced project (98.06 KB, image/png)
2015-11-21 07:22 UTC, Artyom Antyipin
Details
referenced project (97.08 KB, image/png)
2015-11-21 07:22 UTC, Artyom Antyipin
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description Artyom Antyipin 2015-11-21 07:21:40 UTC
monodevelop do not recognize anything defined in another project (within same solution, properly referenced and built).

OS: Ubuntu 15.10
mono:
Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Nov 12 09:52:44
UTC 2015)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
    TLS:           __thread
    SIGSEGV:       altstack
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture:  amd64
    Disabled:      none
    Misc:          softdebug 
    LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
    GC:            sgen
fsharp:
F# Compiler for F# 4.0 (Open Source Edition)
Freely distributed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source License

monodevelop is installed from respoditory (roslyn branch).
fsharpbinding is installed from monodevelop repository (roslyn branch) using "./configure && make && make install"

Attachment shows the error.
Comment 1 Artyom Antyipin 2015-11-21 07:22:25 UTC
Created attachment 13930 [details]
Project using the referenced project
Comment 2 Artyom Antyipin 2015-11-21 07:22:46 UTC
Created attachment 13931 [details]
referenced project
Comment 3 Jason Imison 2015-12-08 11:42:00 UTC
Hi Artyom,

Could you fetch the latest code and try again please? There have been lots of changes in this area recently.
Comment 4 Artyom Antyipin 2015-12-12 14:46:39 UTC
Running build.sh on master@11238d5d3497f41d4c7f85dd82e428ee13c783d4 gives me the following error:
/usr/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: error : Cannot copy /usr/src/monodevelop/main/external/fsharpbinding/MonoDevelop.FSharpBinding/FSharpBinding.addin.xml to /usr/src/monodevelop/main/external/fsharpbinding/MonoDevelop.FSharpBinding/obj/Release/FSharpBinding.addin.xml, as the source file doesn't exist.

It seems that FSharpBinding.addin.xml is missing.
Comment 5 Artyom Antyipin 2015-12-12 14:49:48 UTC
It seems make clean removes this file. git checkout on this file brings it back.
Comment 6 Artyom Antyipin 2015-12-12 15:02:54 UTC
Now I get "The namespace 'MSBuild' is not defined" when trying to build the AddIn.

manually replaceing "open MonoDevelop.Projects.MSBuild" with "open Monodevelop.Projects.Formats.MSBuild" in
MonoDevelop.FSharpBinding/FSharpProject.fs and
MonoDevelop.FSharp.Tests/TestProjectNodeCommandHandler.fs
solves this issue..

Yet after installing the original issue is still present: monodevelop do not recognize anything defined in another project
Comment 7 Jason Imison 2015-12-17 13:10:52 UTC
This tells me that you are building against the wrong version of monodevelop as the msbuild namespace was recently changed there.

I fixed "make clean" to not remove the addin.xml file. Thanks for the report!
Comment 8 Abhishek 2016-05-18 18:54:04 UTC
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this issue at my end.
XamarinStudio-5.10.2.56_bb74ff467c62ded42b7b7ac7fdd2edc60f8647b0.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/vlW0uyOc

To verify this issue I have checked this issue with latest C7 build:
XamarinStudio-6.0.0.5156_6bb41168165682b4ed22a94364bf0cf24e6b1d5c

Now this issue is working fine. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/oKVzJ3T0O

Hence closing this issue.

Thanks!