Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
\obj\x86\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs(13,67,13,77): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'WindowPage' does not exist in the namespace 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The assembly is referenced? Any idea?
(Universal Windows Project)
I did follow these steps:
Once you have that setup, you will want to:
● Add a new “Blank App (Universal Windows)” project to your existing Xamarin.Forms
● Ensure the new project is configured to build and deploy in the configuration manager.
● Add the Xamarin.Form NuGet packages to the newly created project.
● Update Xamarin.Forms NuGets for another platform projects, and
● Configure the application by making the following changes to your UWP project code
In OnLaunched under:
rootFrame.NavigationFailed += OnNavigationFailed;
1. Remove all contents from the page.
2. Add a new xmlns of xmlns:forms=”using:Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT” .
3. Update the root to <forms:WindowPage …> </forms:WindowPage>
public sealed partial class MainPage
LoadApplication (new App());
Reference Your Portable Class Library
Don’t forget to reference your Xamarin.Forms PCL (if you are using PCLs).
Please update to Xamarin.Forms 2.0 and on the new Universal Windows use this namespace