Bug 35128 - Can't build Android project after update
Summary: Can't build Android project after update
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: dean.ellis
Depends on:
Reported: 2015-10-21 06:15 UTC by Gagik Kyurkchyan
Modified: 2015-10-27 05:36 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

The project (60.04 KB, application/zip)
2015-10-21 06:15 UTC, Gagik Kyurkchyan

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Gagik Kyurkchyan 2015-10-21 06:15:12 UTC
After an update of xamarin my Xamarin forms Android project was no longer buildable. I receive tons of "No resource found that matches given name" errors. I couldn't find any workaround to fix those problems. Please find attached the project.

And here is my version info.

Xamarin Studio
Version 5.9.7 (build 22)
Installation UUID: c238b06a-6b99-4f13-b4f6-b2f65395fc09
	Mono 4.0.4 ((detached/d481017)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400040004

Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 7.0.1 (8228)
Build 7A1001

Version: (Indie Edition)
Hash: 1d27ac2
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-09-25 18:08:44-0400

Version: (Indie Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/ObjectX/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
		5.1    (API level 22)
		6.0    (API level 23)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

Xamarin Android Player
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

Not Installed

Build Information
Release ID: 509070022
Git revision: 6bd1f169df44ca96addf8a035316c535a4fa46fa
Build date: 2015-09-30 12:30:15-04
Xamarin addins: 1c3e5c0859bdfec0ecd481a57ad6c03bc22f5536

Operating System
Mac OS X 10.11.0
Darwin Objects-MacBook-Pro.local 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0
    Wed Aug 26 16:57:32 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-3247.1.106~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Gagik Kyurkchyan 2015-10-21 06:15:39 UTC
Created attachment 13476 [details]
The project
Comment 2 dean.ellis 2015-10-26 08:35:08 UTC

You had an issue with one of your .png files

"libpng error: CgBI: unhandled critical chunk
ERROR: Failure processing PNG image obj/Debug/res/drawable-xxhdpi/checkmark.png"

This is causing aapt to fail. It looks like that file is corrupt. I fixed that by opening the image saving it as a jpeg then saving the jpeg as a png again.

Another issue is that even though Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 is in the packages list it is NOT referenced in the project. You will need to make sure that its referenced by the project . You also might want to upgrade your targetSdkVersion to 23 in the AndroidManifest.xml
Comment 3 Gagik Kyurkchyan 2015-10-27 05:36:54 UTC
Thanks Dean

My problem was resolved. I didn't notice that error in long error list :)