Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 13394 [details]
# Steps to reproduce
1.) Archive iOS app
2.) Look at "name"
# Expected behavior
Should show the app name
# Actual behavior
Shows the Assembly name
# Supplemental info (logs, images, videos)
# Test environment (full version information)
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.10 (build 811)
Installation UUID: f081c568-2d88-4695-ac20-73049973693d
Mono 4.2.1 (explicit/804ddbc)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 402010060
=== Xamarin.Profiler ===
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 7.0.1 (8228)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2015-09-30 15:22:15-0400
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/jamesmontemagno/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.3 (API level 18)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
6.0 (API level 23)
SDK Tools Version: 24.4
SDK Platform Tools Version: 23.0.1
SDK Build Tools Version: 23.0.1
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_75"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 510000811
Git revision: 34cd31ea72536afab530c14d9220b286075e83cd
Build date: 2015-09-30 10:40:37-04
Xamarin addins: 8e6fccfc0c19a7e0b7b11be925f09751d827eb5c
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle6
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin Jamess-MacBook-Pro-2.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015
Change the name of your application name in the info.plist to something else.
In previous versions it was showing this Application Name, now it is showing the Assembly Name.
James not sure if you're still seeing this, but it either looks like it's fixed or not being triggered by what we're doing.
I think Kyle would probably be happy to see it live if it's still happening for you, or we can move this towards resolution of some kind (NOT_REPRODUCIBLE perhaps?) if you're no longer seeing it.
On build 843 this is incorrect and still an issue. Let me install 848 for testing.
James provided some steps that I repro'd with
1.) Go to stable
2.) Create new app
3.) Change name
5.) Update to RC0
6.) Archive again
Yes, we discovered that this is when you had an existing project with the name change from the Stable channel and then upgrade to RC 0. In this case the proper name is not used. Changing the name in the info.plist after will update the archive name though. So there is a work around.
The problem is that in stable XS uses CFBundleDisplayName and alpha channel uses
CFBundleName ?? CFBundleDisplayName
and alpha channel now defaults CFBundleName to the project name when a better default would be to use the display name if one exists.
Fixed in git master, once confirmed, I can back-port to cycle6
Author: Jeffrey Stedfast <email@example.com>
Date: Tue Oct 27 12:39:26 2015 -0400
[msbuild] Fixed logic for setting the CFBundleName in the CompileAppManifest task
Since previous versions of Xamarin Studio's Info.plist editor
set the CFBundleDisplayName (<= 5.9), use that value
(if available) to set the CFBundleName before falling back to
I have checked this issue with the help of steps provided in comment 6 but unable to reproduce this issue. I have checked this issue with stable and after that with alpha builds.
Here is the screencast for the same:
Please review the screencast and let me know what additional steps we need to follow to verify this issue.
Asim I think you're reproducing the bug at 1:15-1:17 in http://www.screencast.com/t/5W3yFDmKzY4z/ after you install the Cycle 6 builds and Archive for Publishing, there's a new Archive created at 12:04AM called 'TestApp1': http://screencast.com/t/wooo7agNG2UO
That should still be called 'TestApp1ChangeName'.
Then afterwards, you change the name in the Info.plist, and you see the name updated in the Archive list. That seems like this behavior from comment 7:
> Changing the name in the info.plist after will update the archive name though. So there is a work around.
Thanks PJ, I have checked this issue again with latest Cycle6 builds i.e.
and observed that I am not getting this issue, I am verifying this issue using following steps:
1. Create project using Cycle6 builds.
2. Archive for Publish (Getting Application name)
3. Change application name in info.plist
4. Archive for Publish (Getting name as in info.plist)
5. Update builds to Alpha.
6. Open same project.
7. Archive for Publish (Getting name as in info.plist)
Please have a look on screencast and let us know if we need to check any thing else to verify this issue.