Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
calli with generic signature was not properly infalted.
Created a pull request with fix.
I made this issue to follow status/ETA for this fix in both Xamarin Android and iOS.
Thanks, it's too late for this fix to land in our upcoming Cycle 6 release but I've backported it to the relevant branches and it should end up in Cycle 6 Service Release 1.
This was special-cased by Miguel for inclusion in C6.
Created attachment 13558 [details]
To verify this issue I tried to reproduce this but not able to reproduce this. As per my understanding to reproduce this issue I have crested the sample application that uses a Generic method, that is called on button click event. But I am able to build and run the application successfully.
@Virgile I am not sure about the proper steps to reproduce this issue, could you please have a look on the attached test sample and let me the proper steps and expected result to reproduce this issue. So that we can verify this issue efficiently at our end.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9.7 (build 22)
Installation UUID: 229ec167-a154-47bf-bb8b-10fe36c1ad41
Mono 4.0.4 ((detached/d481017)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400040004
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/360_macmini/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
6.0 (API level 23)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2015-09-25 18:08:44-0400
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Enterprise Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509070022
Git revision: 6bd1f169df44ca96addf8a035316c535a4fa46fa
Build date: 2015-09-30 12:30:15-04
Xamarin addins: 1c3e5c0859bdfec0ecd481a57ad6c03bc22f5536
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin 360-MACMINIs-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
Still having the issue with latest Xamarin alpha (not sure if it was supposed to be part of C6 or C6 SR1).
Also I noticed the fix is part of Mono 4.3 branch but not 4.2. Is C6 using 4.2 as is (in which case it should be cherry-picked), or a custom branch that includes this fix?
@Rajneesh Kumar: You won't be able to reproduce it with normal code. The PR includes a Mono unit test to easily reproduce it though.
Unfortunately it is once again not slated for baseline, comments from Kumpera:
> On 4.0, the behavior would be a runtime crash.
> On master, the correct behavior happens, which is to print a number.
> Looks like there are further fixes required here (I think I know which one) to make this work on 4.2.
> Given this is not a regression and affects a pretty small corner case, let's move this issue to SR1.
Moving to C6SR1.
For C6SR1, are we talking about days? Months?
This is actually quite a huge blocker for our product (Paradox Engine) as it is required for the animation system.
It's before EOY.
We've since frozen for C6SR1 and it appears that again this unfortunately is not included. Moving to the C6SR2 milestone.
Thanks for the update.
FYI, we spent lot of time adding workaround, and they are ugly (we have to manually expand generic instantiations ourselves...).
Would be happy to get rid of those special cases.
(we rely on this for the animation/update system in Xenko Game Engine)
This is also not going to make it into C6SR2, as the scope of that release has been reduced. The PR is in master and will therefore make it into C7, so updating milestone.
Since the PR in comment 0 resolves the issue, marking as RESOLVED.