Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
We have been having strange errors come up in a section of code that we just added. I have finally isolated the issue and I am at a loss of why it is happening.
I am including five screen shots. The "About" one is just the about screen of the Xamarin Studio, although it is not a Studio issue as we have the same issue when we deploy.
Image 1: The code before the misbehavior.
Image 2: The code when step into is executed. This is not the code that should have been called, but it is code that is part of the project.
Image 3: After step over.
Image 4: Error.
Created attachment 12437 [details]
I tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have created a simple android application and performed step into, over and out operations and I was successful to do so.
Could you please provide us you environment info, a small sample application that demonstrate this issue. That would be very helpful to reproduce this issue at our end.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9.5 (build 9)
Installation UUID: b6495454-eed9-49ee-a97b-abf8a686d664
Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.34003
GTK+ 2.24.22 (MS-Windows theme)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 5.1.5 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: D:\android-sdk\android-sdk
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
Java SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_71
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Location: C:\Program Files\Xamarin Android Player\DeviceManager.exe
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509050009
Git revision: b99cb19a1d3b15d8980c4616f13f837457e5b292
Build date: 2015-07-28 02:41:02-04
Xamarin addins: d53d6eceb828422f3d4aff8547f2f6bab6c9ea58
=== Operating System ===
Windows 6.2.9200.0 (64-bit)
I do not have a small sample application that duplicates the issue as I do not know exactly why the issue occured.
I was able to make the issue disspear by having the code run on UI thread, rather than on a spawned thread.
Again as to why, who knows and now, who cares, as running on UI thread does not seem to impact anything negatively.